Thursday 17 December 2020
Following recent Local Government elections, Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) has been advised by its member Councils of the outcome of Board appointments, and is pleased to welcome a number of new members, as well as welcoming back some experienced familiar faces to its Board.
The GRLC Board is comprised of Council representatives from its four member Councils – the City of Greater Geelong, Golden Plains Shire, Surf Coast Shire and Borough of Queenscliffe. The Board meets regularly to oversee and provide direction on policy development, strategic and corporate planning and service evaluation at the Corporation.
The GRLC Board is:
• Cr Ron Nelson (Chair) – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Susan Salter (Deputy Chair) – Borough of Queenscliffe
• Cr Sarah Mansfield – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Jim Mason AM – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Liz Pattison – Surf Coast Shire
• Cr Owen Sharkey – Golden Plains Shire
• Cr Trent Sullivan – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Stephen Hart – Colac Oway Shire, who will take up his position in April 2021, in line with formal membership of Colac Otway Shire, commencing 2 April 2021
At its first meeting held via teleconference on Wednesday 16 December, the new Board returned Cr Nelson as Chair and elected Cr Susan Salter as Deputy Chair.
Back to news
Following announcements from the Victoria Government, face masks will be mandatory inside libraries from 5pm, 31 December 2020.
Further changes will come into effect at libraries during January 2021, as COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
As we approach the end of the year, we'd like to share upcoming changes to our times and days of operations with our communities.
After 14 years as CEO of Geelong Regional Libraries, Patti Manolis OAM will be stepping down from the role at the end of March 2021.
We are pleased to be able to be able share further changes for libraries, the Heritage Centre and Mobile Libraries in line with Government directions.
The Queenscliff Library will open on Wednesday 2 December at 18 Hesse Street.