Thursday 17 December 2020
Following recent Local Government elections, Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) has been advised by its member Councils of the outcome of Board appointments, and is pleased to welcome a number of new members, as well as welcoming back some experienced familiar faces to its Board.
The GRLC Board is comprised of Council representatives from its four member Councils – the City of Greater Geelong, Golden Plains Shire, Surf Coast Shire and Borough of Queenscliffe. The Board meets regularly to oversee and provide direction on policy development, strategic and corporate planning and service evaluation at the Corporation.
The GRLC Board is:
• Cr Ron Nelson (Chair) – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Susan Salter (Deputy Chair) – Borough of Queenscliffe
• Cr Sarah Mansfield – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Jim Mason AM – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Liz Pattison – Surf Coast Shire
• Cr Owen Sharkey – Golden Plains Shire
• Cr Trent Sullivan – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Stephen Hart – Colac Oway Shire, who will take up his position in April 2021, in line with formal membership of Colac Otway Shire, commencing 2 April 2021
At its first meeting held via teleconference on Wednesday 16 December, the new Board returned Cr Nelson as Chair and elected Cr Susan Salter as Deputy Chair.
Back to news
Winter opening hours will come into effect from 29 May until 1 October.
Geelong Regional Libraries and Deakin University are very pleased to announce the winner of the inaugural Local Word Writing Prize is Dani Netherclift, from Mansfield, Victoria, for her entry titled “Telephone and Address Book”.
As we prepare to relocate to the new Boronggook Drysdale Library, the current Drysdale library closes Saturday 25 March at 2.00pm.
Enter our Mr Stink colouring-in competition & win a family pass to see the stage show at Geelong Arts Centre!
Please be aware all our libraries are closed for the public holiday on Monday 14 March.
The new library is nearing completion!