Thursday 17 December 2020
Following recent Local Government elections, Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) has been advised by its member Councils of the outcome of Board appointments, and is pleased to welcome a number of new members, as well as welcoming back some experienced familiar faces to its Board.
The GRLC Board is comprised of Council representatives from its four member Councils – the City of Greater Geelong, Golden Plains Shire, Surf Coast Shire and Borough of Queenscliffe. The Board meets regularly to oversee and provide direction on policy development, strategic and corporate planning and service evaluation at the Corporation.
The GRLC Board is:
• Cr Ron Nelson (Chair) – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Susan Salter (Deputy Chair) – Borough of Queenscliffe
• Cr Sarah Mansfield – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Jim Mason AM – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Liz Pattison – Surf Coast Shire
• Cr Owen Sharkey – Golden Plains Shire
• Cr Trent Sullivan – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Stephen Hart – Colac Oway Shire, who will take up his position in April 2021, in line with formal membership of Colac Otway Shire, commencing 2 April 2021
At its first meeting held via teleconference on Wednesday 16 December, the new Board returned Cr Nelson as Chair and elected Cr Susan Salter as Deputy Chair.
Back to news
Our libraries will be closed over the Easter weekend and on Anzac Day.
Bannockburn Library is now open again with normal opening hours, after undergoing some maintenance works.
Wondering where to next for libraries in our region? We want to hear from you! We are developing our Library Plan 2021–2025 and we want to know your ideas.
We are delighted to be able to offer our members a fantastic new online learning resource; LinkedIn Learning.
Plans are now well advanced for the transition of the Colac Otway Shire (COS) libraries to the Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC).
We are pleased to announce that libraries will be re-opening on Thursday 18 February.