Thursday 17 December 2020
Following recent Local Government elections, Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) has been advised by its member Councils of the outcome of Board appointments, and is pleased to welcome a number of new members, as well as welcoming back some experienced familiar faces to its Board.
The GRLC Board is comprised of Council representatives from its four member Councils – the City of Greater Geelong, Golden Plains Shire, Surf Coast Shire and Borough of Queenscliffe. The Board meets regularly to oversee and provide direction on policy development, strategic and corporate planning and service evaluation at the Corporation.
The GRLC Board is:
• Cr Ron Nelson (Chair) – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Susan Salter (Deputy Chair) – Borough of Queenscliffe
• Cr Sarah Mansfield – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Jim Mason AM – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Liz Pattison – Surf Coast Shire
• Cr Owen Sharkey – Golden Plains Shire
• Cr Trent Sullivan – City of Greater Geelong
• Cr Stephen Hart – Colac Oway Shire, who will take up his position in April 2021, in line with formal membership of Colac Otway Shire, commencing 2 April 2021
At its first meeting held via teleconference on Wednesday 16 December, the new Board returned Cr Nelson as Chair and elected Cr Susan Salter as Deputy Chair.
Back to news
The Barwon Heads Library will be reopening on Friday 30 July, from the usual opening time,
We have made the difficult decision to cancel the Word for Word National Non-Fiction Festival in 2021, to allow us time to undertake a thorough review of the festival format. We hope that the festival will be back in 2022, and will continue to share updates on our website and social media channels.
All Geelong Regional Libraries branches and mobile libraries are open!
All libraries and mobile library services will remain closed until Wednesday 28 July (at the usual branch opening time), pending any further instructions from the government.
Due to the recent announcement of a statewide lockdown , Geelong Regional Libraries will be closing all branches and mobile library services from Thursday 15 July (at the usual branch closing time).
Please note that the case identified at Barwon Heads Primary School resulted in the Barwon Heads Library being closed from Thursday 15 July as a precaution.