Established in 1997, the Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) is recognised as an industry leader in Victoria.
The team at the GRLC is focussed on innovation and continuous improvement. We support our employees to fulfil their potential through a range of professional development, training and career progression opportunities. Our employees also enjoy flexible working arrangements and a great team culture.
We’re proud of the strong relationships we have with our community and partners which are based on care and mutual respect.
We take our mission to heart – to provide an exemplary public library service, creating opportunities for our community to read, learn, work and connect with each other and the world.
We provide safe spaces for people to experience outstanding library experiences through our collections, services, programs and a calendar of learning, literacy and cultural events.
Our services are delivered across a network comprising of our flagship branch, the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre, 16 community branches and two mobiles libraries. Our network spans four council areas and covers around 5,500 square kilometres.
If your values align with ours and you are up for the challenge of working for one of the region’s most successful and progressive organisations, we invite you to get in touch and consider a career at GRLC.
Our current vacancies are shown below. Advice about the application process can be viewed in the section 'How do I join the library team?'
Fixed-term 8 month maternity leave contract, full-time, 76 hours per fortnight
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join an industry leader in a thriving regional community. As the Roster Administration Officer you are responsible for the allocation of our Library Officer shifts at the Geelong Library and Heritage Centre, ensuring staff have all shifts filled within a reasonable time frame. You will be working closely with the Library Coordinator and Assistant Branch Librarian, ensuring great customer service. Rostering experience is desirable however training will be provided to the successful applicant. Ideally you will have an understanding of the role of public libraries, experience in engaging and working with a customer focused team, the capacity to build relationships and a relevant tertiary qualification are necessary in order for you to meet expectations in the role. Your duties include but are not limited to:
• Providing effective and efficient rostering and administrative services to support the provision of exemplary library services at the iconic Geelong Library & Heritage Centre
• Review and ensure the timely and accurate provision of staff to support the daily branch roster
• Act as the point of contact for GLHC library staff in relation to rostering and leave requirements
• Support the GLHC Branch Librarian and Assistant Branch Librarian in the delivery of library services as required
Applications close 9 May 2021.
Position Description Job Application Form
An opportunity has emerged for an experienced and passionate Content & Access Manager to join the team at the GRLC. This role is recognised by internal and external stakeholders as a key authority on library services related to the strategic direction and operational delivery of Content & Access.
The successful applicant will have extensive experience in the delivery of Content and Access services including: acquisition, cataloguing, processing of library materials and the creation and maintenance of database records, preferably within a public library setting.
You will be responsible for but not limited to;
• A holistic view of content at Geelong Regional Libraries – print, digital, born digital, digitised.
• Supervise and provide leadership and direction to the Information Services Librarians and Content & Access team.
• The delivery and responsibility for implementation of reader development strategy.
• A collaborative, network-wide, community and customer-focussed approach to continuous development, enhancement and management of content and access
• A strategic focus on the management and discoverability of content through contribution to the deployment, development and management of the LMS and discovery systems
• A strategic focus on the accessibility of the collections for people with diverse abilities.
• Evidence-based decision-making for development and management of content and for the direction of core systems for data management and discoverability.
• A strategic focus on the management of metadata, to ensure data integrity and discoverability, removing barriers to finding content easily.
• A forward thinking and innovative approach to new content creation, focused on the customer.
The Position Description and the application guide are linked below. Applications must include a cover letter, current resume and statement addressing the key selection criteria.
Applications Close 9th May 2021
Position Description Job Application Guide
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join an industry leader in a thriving regional community. As a key member of the Geelong Regional Library Corporation, you will be enthusiastic and flexible, confident with and curious about new technologies and your proactive and cooperative approach will help us provide welcoming, inclusive and safe library spaces. We currently have two Children’s & Youth Service Librarian vacancies available based at our Torquay branch and the Geelong Library and Heritage Centre.
Experience in the preparation and delivery of literacy and reader development programs, programs that reach multi-cultural and Indigenous communities and improve access to other disadvantaged groups will be highly valued.
Members of the Children’s and Youth Services Team:
• Actively contribute to the provision of services in our branches that meet the recreational, cultural, information and education needs of children and young adults.
• Develop and deliver literacy and reader development programs and services.
• Provide outreach services to build awareness and engagement in our libraries.
• Develop and nurture partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
Applications Close 9th April 2021
As a key member of the Geelong Regional Library Corporation Team, you will provide exemplary library services at our Apollo Bay Library. A deep understanding of the role of public libraries, experience in engaging and leading customer centred teams successfully, the capacity to build relationships with diverse community members and a relevant tertiary qualification are necessary in order for you to meet expectations in the role.
To be successful for the role, you possess:
• Demonstrated understanding of the purpose and role of modern customer focused public libraries
• Demonstrated skills and ability to provide outstanding customer service to a diverse community
• High level interpersonal skills to build strong relationships and positive partnerships.
Applications close 23 May 2021
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join an industry leader in a thriving regional community. We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to undertake the role of Library Officer with the Geelong Regional Library Corporation.
You will have a deep understanding of the role of public libraries and be responsible for the delivery of frontline customer focused service to a diverse community.
To be successful for the role, you possess:
• A demonstrated understanding of the role of the modern customer focused public library.
• Demonstrated skills and ability to provide outstanding customer service to a diverse community.
• An ability to recommend suitable collection choices and instruct in the use of library technologies.
• The ability to assist in the delivery of activities for all community members.
• Tertiary qualification which confers eligibility for Membership of Australian Library & Information Association or a relevant tertiary qualification is required.
• An interest in early literacy programs would be advantageous as the successful applicant will be expected to present weekly Story Time and Baby Time sessions.
Our current vacancies are listed on this website. Before applying for a role:
GRLC is a child safe and child friendly organisation committed to ensuring that all children who visit our libraries have the right to feel and be safe. Appointments to all positions are subject to successful applicants completing Working with Children and Police checks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to the community. The GRLC values equal opportunity and strives to create an inclusive and welcoming work environment that represents the diverse community we service. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
We encourage expressions of interest and applications from people with a lived experience of disability, or long term illness or injury and people of all abilities, cultures, age, sex and gender. We welcome applications from individuals who may be returning to the workforce after a period of absence.
If you require additional support to make an application, or would like to obtain more information, or seek an adjustment to the selection process based on your specific needs, please contact a member of the People and Business Operations team to discuss at any time on (03) 4201 0512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Geelong Regional Library Corporation expects, supports and recognises knowledge and expertise, excellent customer service, creativity and innovation, flexibility and accountability.
“I enjoy working for the library because of the people: I haven’t met a single person here who isn’t passionate about what they do. I also know that I’m working for an organisation which genuinely strives to deliver the best possible service to the community.
The People and Business Operations Team in one word? Collaborative. We have open and honest communication and each member of the team supports each other, regardless of the task at hand.”
“I love being surrounded by people like me – people who are curious and who never stop chasing their dreams! I’m very pleased to be a part of such a diverse, highly motivated and knowledgeable community. For me, working at the Dome is a huge privilege. I feel great seeing people of all ages and backgrounds getting together, enjoying the atmosphere and growing our future.”
LauraHeritage Reading Room & Archives Officer
“I have some really lovely interactions, especially with regular visitors. Every day I also learn something new through the research enquiries and questions from our visitors. I never know who is going to walk through the door, or what I'm going to be asked, which keeps things fun and fresh.
All the staff here genuinely care about providing a great library service. There are people here from all backgrounds and ages, making it a really diverse workplace. I am constantly learning from my colleagues.”
Back to About