Geelong Regional Libraries seeks to develop audiences and communities through the delivery of exhibitions that showcase or interpret our collections, act as a platform for creative community dialogue and which encourage curiosity, debate and discussion.
Artists and makers, community groups and artist collectives are invited to apply to exhibit their work at Geelong Library and Heritage Centre, Colac Library, or Boronggook Drysdale Library. We support a broad range of visual art practices and exhibition types including painting, printmaking, photography and some installations.
We seek exhibition applications year round and assess on an ongoing basis.
We encourage exhibitions and displays which:
1. Are of artistic merit and quality
2. Enhance access and connect audiences with the Geelong Regional Library Corporation’s Collections and the region’s history
3. Engage the community in public conversation on contemporary issues of importance to them
4. Promote the library as a place of innovative thinking and robust discussion
5. Trial emerging models of audience and community engagement
6. Are considerate of the broad range of visitors to our libraries.
Available spaces at Geelong Library & Heritage Centre
There are a number of exhibition spaces that may be available, depending on size requirements and type of exhibition, including:
Available spaces at Colac Library
Available spaces at Booronggook Drysdale Library
When applying, please consider…
• Representation or acknowledgement of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander or CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) people
• The inclusivity and accessibility of your exhibition, including for people with disabilities
• Potential of proposed exhibition to engage with the community and support the development of a vibrant, artistic community within the Geelong region
Hire fee and costs
There is no fee to hire our exhibition spaces. If your exhibition is of a commercial nature, we may negotiate a percentage of commissions from works sold.
All installation and de-installation is the responsibility of the artists/exhibitors to a timeline and professional and safe work standard, as agreed with Geelong Regional Libraries. Artists/exhibitors are responsible for all costs associated with exhibition install and de-install for their exhibition. We take no responsibility for any damages or theft of artwork.
In addition, artists/exhibitors are responsible for any staffing, catering and audio-visual expenses relating to a launch event. There are catering restrictions at Geelong Library & Heritage Centre – please speak to a member of the Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note, we will not administer artwork sales or facilitate payment on behalf of the artist.
To begin the application process, please complete the application form.
Back to Services