All libraries are closed on public holidays.
Due to the current Stage 3 restrictions for regional Victoria, all branches and mobile library services are temporarily closed until further notice. For more information about library services at this time, please click here.
The Queenscliff Library is housed in a beautiful heritage building. Queenscliff has had some form of library service since 1856. In the mid 1880s, public subscription raised £900 towards the cost of our current building, designed by Geelong architect Joseph Watts. Dr David Williams, chairman of the trustees, laid the foundation stone on 23 June 1887 and the building was completed in 1888. The building was extended in 1974/75 and renovated under a Living Libraries grant in 2002. In 1894, the library reportedly contained nearly 2,000 volumes – currently, we have about 14,700 items.
Find out more about Baby, Toddler and Storytimes here.
Back to Locate