Tuesday 28 June 2022
Has your library membership lapsed? Do you have family or friends who aren’t yet library members? It’s time to Join Up in July – and go into the draw to win great prizes!
We invite you to rediscover your local library this month, and encourage your friends and family to do the same. Come into your local library branch or mobile library during July, become a member (or renew your expired membership) and you will automatically go into the draw to win one of three $50 Readings gift cards or one of 100 limited edition library bags. See Terms & Conditions below.
The team look forward to welcoming you and helping you discover all that’s on offer with your membership of Geelong Regional Libraries.
About the Return Yourself to the Library campaign
30 million people visit public libraries in Victoria every year to access collections, attend programs and events, engage with others in their community, utilise technology and computer services, learn new skills, and foster their love a reading. As a member of Geelong Regional Libraries, you join over 2 million Victorians who also access the full benefits of their local public library. We are joining public library services around Victoria in encouraging people to return to the library after extended lockdowns, and rediscover creativity, community, and the collection. Find out more.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
Sign up (in person or online) to become a Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) member or renew your expired membership during July 2022 to be automatically put into the draw to win one of 3 x $50 Readings gift cards, or one of 100 x GRLC library bags (valued at $8).
• This competition is open to NEW members who join GRLC, or previous members who renew their expired GRLC membership, during July 2022
• One entry per new GRLC member
• New members can join GRLC (in person) or online on the GRLC website
• Children under 18 who join GRLC during July 2022, will be entered into the competition and their parent or guardian will be contacted in the case that they are a winner
• Competition opens Friday 1 July 2022 at 9am (AEST)
• Competition will close Sunday 31 July 2022 at 5pm (AEST)
• Each winner will be chosen through a random draw which will take place on Monday 8 August
• Winners will be contacted by email or mail
• Winners will be required to collect their prize from their nominated GRLC library branch or mobile library
• The prizes are 3 x $50 (AUD) Readings book store gift cards or 100 x GRLC limited edition library bags valued at $8 (AUD).
• Gift cards are not refundable
• Employees of GRLC and their children are not eligible to win prizes
• All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into
Back to news
Rapid Antigen Tests are now available free at our libraries (except Bannockburn and Queenscliff).
Western Heights College Library is temporarily closed due to recent flood damage. It re-opens Monday 6 February.
All mobile libraries are running with limited service.
Thermal imaging cameras now available to borrow from Torquay Library as part of our Library of Things.
With wild weather, often it is not possible to safely run our mobile library services.
All of our libraries, mobile libraries and Kim barne thaliyu/Geelong Heritage Centre will be closed from Saturday, 24 December - Monday, 2 January inclusive.
Due to road closures in the shire the mobile library will unfortunately be unable to visit Rokewood and Dereel today.
The mobile library will instead remain at Meredith until 4pm.
We apologise for any inconvenience. We'll keep you updated on our socials with further service changes.