Monday 27 September 2021
Please be advised that our libraries will be unstaffed on the following dates, due to public holidays.
Library branches observe public holidays according to the municipality they are located in.
On days when libraries are unstaffed, phones will not be answered and our Click & Collect service will not be operating, however return chutes will remain open.
Wednesday 20 October: Geelong Cup Day
• All City of Greater Geelong branches closed
• GRLC administrative headquarters closed
• Bellarine Surf Coast Mobile Library will not operate
• Bannockburn, Colac, Torquay and Queenscliff Libraries will be open and normal opening hours will apply
Tuesday 2 November: Melbourne Cup Day
• Bannockburn, Colac, Torquay and Queenscliff Libraries will be closed
• The Bellarine Surf Coast Mobile Library will not operate
• The Golden Plains Mobile Library will operate as normal
• All city of Greater Geelong branches will be open and normal opening hours will apply
(Image: Geelong Cup Finish 1921 - Geelong Heritage Centre Archives)
Back to news
Barwon Heads Library is temporarily closed as a precaution, due to a positive COVID-19 case at the Barwon Heads Primary School.
Following an extensive period of consultation with our staff, the public and other key stakeholders, we’re proud to present Connecting and Thriving, our new Library Plan 2021-25.
Colac Library customers are benefitting from a range of improved technology services, since the branch joined Geelong Regional Libraries' network in July.
Libraries in City of Greater Geelong and Surf Coast Shire are re-opening Monday 27 September.
All Geelong Regional Libraries' branches and Mobile Libraries will be closed on Friday 24 September for the Victorian public holiday.
We're running a regular online school holiday program, with two sessions running every weekday, 10.30am and 2.30pm on Zoom. These free sessions are aimed at different ages and interests.