You are here
The Library’s standard membership is free and it is simple to join. Victorian residents may join the library by visiting one of our libraries and providing proof of current residential address and agreeing to the Membership Terms and Conditions below. Temporary membership is available to non-Victorian residents.
For those under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian will need to show proof of current residential address and agree to the Membership Terms and Conditions on your behalf.
The Library also offers an eMembership that is designed to give access to the Library’s many electronic services and resources.
To become an eMember, visit HERE and click on this button,
and then fill out the form.
Membership terms and conditions
- Members agree to take good care of all library materials borrowed and will reimburse the Geelong Regional Library Corporation for the cost of any loss or damage to these materials.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for their children's selections and use of library materials and services, including access to the Internet.
- Members must comply with the conditions of the Copyright Act 1968.
- Members are required to advise library staff as soon as possible of any changes in membership details or loss of library card. Replacement cards are available for a nominal fee.
- Members agree to immediately pay to Geelong Regional Library Corporation relevant fees and charges associated with the use of library facilities, materials and services. Suspension of privileges will occur if amount owing on membership exceeds $50.00.
- Library cards are not transferable.
- Local Laws apply within the Geelong Regional Library Corporation.
The Membership Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
Service Fees (GST inclusive) 2011/12
Effective as of 1st July 2011
Adult items, CDs and DVDs $0.30 per day per item
Fines for damaged materials
CD and DVD case or slick replacement $5.00
RFID tags and barcode replacement $5.00
Lost/totally damaged item Cost of item + $5.00 administration fee
Replacement membership cards $3.30
Photocopying and PC printing
A4 page (B&W) $0.25
A3 page (B&W) $0.50
A4 page (Colour) $1.00
A3 page (Colour) $2.00
Facsimile - Selected Branches Only
Australia – first page $2.00
Overseas – first page $5.00
Subsequent pages $1.00
USB stick (2GB) $10.00
Meeting Rooms for Hire
Bannockburn, Belmont, Corio, Newcomb and Waurn Ponds Libraries Prices available here
Borrowing and returning items
Members may borrow materials from any library or mobile library. They are required to present their library card each time they borrow from the library.
Members may borrow up to 40 items, including up to 15 items in each of the following categories – DVDs, music CDs.
Magazines; videos; Music CDs; DVDs 2 weeks
Books; audio books, CD Roms 4 weeks
Loans may be renewed provided the items have not been requested by another member. Items may be renewed twice through the online catalogue, by telephone, or in person.
Each member can place holds on 10 items at any one time. When a hold is placed on an item it prevents the current borrower from renewing the item. The member can specify which library the hold will be collected from. Members must present their library card when collecting holds.
When borrowing, members are given, or may choose to print, a date due slip listing the items borrowed and the dates the items are due for return. To avoid overdue fines, items must be returned by the due date.
Items may be returned to any Library or Mobile Library within the Geelong Regional Library network.
After hours return chutes are available at the following libraries:
- Barwon Heads
- Geelong West
- Ocean Grove
- Waurn Ponds