You are here
Book a PC
Access to the Internet is available at all branches and is free.
Bookings are not necessary, but recommended if you require use at a specific time. Booking can be made in the branch using the self-booking computers, or by talking to a member of staff. Bookings can be made up to one week in advance. In low use periods the user may be granted an additional 30 minutes of internet time by the automatic booking system. A member may only hold one booking per day. Each booking is for a maximum of one hour.
Internet Conditions of Use
• Operation of Internet access is at the user’s risk
• No liability is accepted for any loss or damage caused by the transmission of computer viruses, or use of library equipment.
When using the Internet at Geelong Regional Library Corporation, customers agree NOT to:
• Use the GRLC network to make unauthorized entry into other computers, communication services or networks;
• Use other software or Internet applications except as specifically provided;
• Distribute unsolicited advertising or any spam;
• Invade the privacy of others or engage in activity that is harassing or defamatory;
• Make any attempt to change or damage the computer equipment software, or settings;
• Use the Internet for any illegal activity, including violation of Copyright or other rights of third parties, or in a manner inconsistent with the Library’s tax-exempt status;
• Use the Internet to transmit or view “Objectionable Material” as defined by the Classification (Publication, Films and Computer Games) Enforcement Act 1995;
Approved Software for use on the Public Access PC’s are:
• MSN messenger and Windows messenger
• Google Earth
- A4 B&W = .25c (Per Page)
- A3 B&W = .50c (Per Page)
- A4 Colour = $1.00 (Per Page)
- A3 Colour = $2.00 (Per Page)
Note: Copies made by choosing 'Double-Sided Printing' will be charged for each side of the page printed.
Geelong Regional Library Corporation reserves the right to terminate or deny Internet access due to any breach of our Conditions of Use.