The Geelong Heritage Centre Collection Advisory Committee provides Heritage Centre collection- related advice and recommendations to the Geelong Regional Library Corporation Board.
The Committee consists of representatives of the City of Greater Geelong Council, Borough of Queenscliffe, Golden Plains Shire Council, the Surf Coast Shire Council, the Manager, Arts & Culture, City of Greater Geelong, the Manager, Geelong Heritage Centre Collection & Heritage Centre Services, a Public Records Office Victoria appointed representative, the President of the Geelong Historical Society, the Secretary of the Geelong Historical Society, a National Council of Women Geelong Branch representative or nominated proxy and a maximum of four community representatives.
Nominations of community applicants for membership of the Geelong Heritage Centre Collection Advisory Committee are called by public notice in local newspapers and representatives are appointed for a period of two years. Appointments of community representatives are made following a recruitment process undertaken by a selection panel consisting of the Chief Executive Officer, Geelong Regional Library Corporation, Manager, Geelong Heritage Centre and a member of the Collection Advisory Committee who is a current Council appointment from the City of Greater Geelong, Borough of Queenscliffe, Golden Plains Shire or Surf Coast Shire.
The Heritage Centre Collection Advisory Committee is made up of the following representatives:
1. Cr. Margot Smith, Surf Coast Shire Council
2. Cr. Boyce Pizzey, Borough of Queenscliffe
3. Ms. Kim Biggs, Arts and Culture Advisor, Golden Plains Shire Council
4. Mr Padraic Fisher, Director National Wool Museum, City of Greater Geelong Council
5. Mr. Mark Beasley, Manager Geelong Heritage Centre Collection & Services, Geelong Regional Library Corporation
6. Mr Charlie Farrugia, Senior Collections Advisor, Public Record Office Victoria
7. Ms. Jan Kinloch, Geelong Branch of the National Council of Women
8. Ms. Lana Capon, Secretary Geelong Historical Society
9. Mr. Jim Fidge, Geelong Historical Society Representative
10. Ms. Pamela Bailey, Community Representative
11. Dr. Ruth Lee, Community Representative
12. Ms. Victoria Spicer, Community Representative
Back to Home